Senior Art Director
New York City
Our Senior Art Directors fuel innovation by orchestrating, inspiring, and empowering the creative vision of the design team to push boundaries and deliver the best visual concepts and designs for our large client base.
Bringing fresh ideas to life and helping our designers harness their innovative prowess and continuously challenging them to produce mind-blowing visual concepts is what comes naturally to our senior art directors.
Creating a culture of exploration that betters visual communication but one that is also guided by our clients’ creative briefs and brand strategies, a Senior Art Director should be passionate about producing cutting-edge and yet meaningful concepts that sit at the forefront of digital media, helping transform businesses and advancing their trajectory of success.
From handling large and complex marketing campaigns that help drive traffic to the virtual doorstep of e-commerce sites to presenting their work to executive level client stakeholders and representing Crafted at various touch points in our clients’ journey, our Senior Art Directors should be confident, articulate thought leaders who are passionate about changing the shape of advertising by creating a big, bold impact- every single time.
And we want Senior Art Directors who excel at their work because it is their passion.
At Crafted, our projects need dynamic Senior Art Directors who are proactive, solutions-oriented conceptual thinkers; people who can take complex briefs from conception to production by creating a collaborative team effort and thereby help build a delighted client base.
- Conceptualize and develop winning visual designs through leading our creative team with avant-garde concepts that keep in line with the latest media trends, thereby helping our clients break through the clutter of massive competition.
- Be gifted at meshing visual imagery and content, adding human elements to design and possess dynamic conceptual thinking in both visual and interaction design.
- Have a thorough understanding of the accurate design phase of individual projects. Efficiently monitor and organize design work generated by team members to ensure they stay on track to meeting strict deadlines and achieving predetermined goals.
- Inspire the look and feel of a “big idea,” ensure only the highest standards of strategic visual execution are met across all campaigns and being able to integrate the content over various media platforms. At Crafted, we help our clients develop successful brand identities that showcase not just their products and services but their values as well so that they can attract more of their target demographic.
- Offer constructive and positive feedback to help build a highly motivated task force and a sustainable, dynamic work culture.
- Work collaboratively with our talented pool of interaction designers, copywriters, programmers, and other art directors to build a fantastic client and brand experience.
- Guide and motivate our dynamic projects teams, foster and nurture the great creative culture we have painstakingly built at Crafted and help our designers exploit their maximum potential.
- Have a finger on the pulse of the most current design trends and innovative technology, and be able to take bold, imaginative steps in visual and interaction design to help our clients surge ahead on various social media platforms.
- Work cohesively with account managers and planners to ensure innovative content and design elements are in line with our clients’ creative briefs and brand strategies.
- Collaborate with producers to ensure the final work product is as per agency, client, and design stipulations.
- Oversee the artistic style and visual images being created across multiple projects and have the ability to switch from one project to the other effortlessly.
- Directly liaise and build long-lasting relationships with our clients. While comprehending their vision and direction, our Senior Art Director should also be able to present innovative designs and concepts and address client queries and concerns with ease.
- Understand design intuitive site functionality, interaction, user interfaces, and navigation.
- Represent Crafted at different stages of engagement, including attending pitches and industry events.
- Demonstrate solid experience in creating and developing sophisticated digital brand experiences at another leading digital agency either in the capacity of Art Director or a similar position.
- Significant experience in collaborating with creative teams and stakeholders, including the ability to provide and take constructive feedback and turn it into positive results.
- The ability to manage and inspire creative teams from diverse backgrounds and responsibilities.
- Possess expertise in designing visual concepts and developing design deliverable to produce impactful campaigns across all digital, marketing, and social media platforms. So, familiarity with various creative techniques, including digital media, is a must.
- Be knowledgeable about how strategic design solutions work and how they can be tweaked to satisfactorily meet client requirements.
- Experience in producing original and dynamic visual concepts with paying great attention to the finer details, uniting brand guidelines, and ensuring accuracy and consistency of the design across the board.
- The consistent ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple tasks and projects while being able to deliver exceptional quality work under pressure and strict deadlines.
- Possess the ability to help clients understand how visual design concepts will come to fruition while adopting a flexible approach to harmonize ideas with our clients’ vision for their brands.
- Be a confident communicator who can articulate her/his ideas, both internally and externally using relevant support.
- In-depth knowledge of design, styling, typography, illustration, image manipulations, and branding.
- Competent with design software, including but not limited to Adobe CS and MS Office Suite.
At Crafted, we take great pride in having developed an inclusive and diverse employee culture - one of mutual respect and understanding. Regardless of our employees' backgrounds, their nationalities, or sexual orientation, and probably because of it, we have been able to drive innovation, enhance creativity, and bolster our business endeavor with better decision-making, overall.
When people are free to be themselves, we optimize our performance, strengthen our enterprise, and help create better business opportunities not just for us but for our clients as well.