Native apps vs. Hybrid apps
Are you planning to develop an app for your business? That’s a great choice. According to eMarketer, almost 90% of...
Our interactions with our mobile phones have skyrocketed substantially over the past few years. On the same note, small businesses have flourished exponentially, owing to the integration of commerce and mobile internet. Several reports state that over the past few years, our dependency on our mobile phones has risen. With more brands and businesses jumping on the bandwagon of e-commerce, our consumption of materials and services is heavily reliant on our mobiles.
Studies show that the average individual spends over two hours of their day glued on to their phones. From the business point of view, this can prove very beneficial for commercial activities. Traditional marketing, in the past decade, has been revolutionized thanks to mobile internet. Today, the most profitable way to build your brand and market your business is to launch a mobile app. These apps are advantageous when it comes to improvement in overall sales and enhanced customer service. Realistically speaking, every smartphone owner would prefer to use their mobile apps simply because of the convenience that it provides.
The primary difference between a website application and a mobile application is quite simple. Websites that are curated for easier viewing on a smartphone browser can be called a website application. On the other hand, apps that are meant to be downloaded on the App Store or Google Play store are called mobile apps. These apps have added features and enhanced performance that makes their usage much more convenient to consumers.
Small businesses often wonder when they must invest in creating a mobile app. The best time to do so is when you feel that your business can easily be understood via a mobile device. The following few pointers will help better analyze if your business is ready to launch an app:
1. When you have a loyal customer base, you can feel assured that your audience will flock to try out any new advancements you bring to your brand. Customers that are loyal to small businesses appreciate it when the brand decides to keep their best interests in mind and amplify their customer experience.
2. Ensure that your business requires the features that come with a smartphone. A large portion of the apps that are frequently downloaded from the market has been conceptualized with keen attention to the features of a smartphone. Sometimes, a phone’s feature could even inspire business to curate an app. The best example of this is apps that require your GPS location or your camera in order to provide you with products or services.
3. Even if your business does not primarily rely on a phone’s features, you can still introduce new engagement techniques to your customers. For example, an online shopping app could use your photographs or camera feature to enable a ‘try on’ mode for your outfits. Having such a feature can significantly aid your business and create a loyal customer base.
4. If your platform has an interactive content-based customer involvement, you should consider developing an app. Whether it be educational or informative, such businesses flourish because they connect with their audiences in a much more accessible way.
5. Lastly, if your business is an online game, you will definitely need the features of a smartphone to provide the best gaming experience for your customers.
As for every business, it is important to understand the nature of your brand and the target customers you sell to. Many small businesses, while starting out, need first to gauge their consumer response. For this purpose, it can prove to be much more economical to build a website that is receptive. You may curate this website to be mobile-friendly and slowly test the waters until you are ready to invest in a mobile app. When your goals move from creating a steady business to garnering a competitive advantage, you can seriously consider creating an app for smartphones.
Having a mobile app is a sure-fire way to create an extension of your brand. Branding is a means to build better communication with your target audience. In the long run, more communication will attract more trust. Based on the feedback you receive for new products or services, you can build a more transparent and comfortable platform for your customers.
One of the main advantages that a smartphone provides is targeted ads. With mobile apps, customers sign up with very valuable input. Customers can set their preferences by means of their interests, budgets, location, and so on. The given information will help the app to filter products or services based on the consumer’s needs and demands. On the other hand, these preferences allow the business to provide more accurate targeted ads for these customers and thereby build their revenue. It is indeed a beneficial situation for both parties.
By means of push notifications, customers can always be in touch with the latest offers and innovations in the business. Such an engagement is unique because it does not require the customer to click on the app in order to be notified of what might pique their interest. It creates better engagement with the consumer base and gives you a direct marketing channel.
Lastly, customer loyalty is an absolute given when it comes to mobile apps. Once customers are logged in to their accounts on these apps, they are able to create their own relationship with the business. By means of loyalty programs and specialized offers, customers are always going to appreciate the benefits they receive just by downloading an app. The business also stands to gain with added consistency in sales and demands.
Ultimately, every business is different. It is important to know your brand, its value, the best market environment for success, and the target audience. With these factors in mind, you can gain clarity and confidence in all your business ventures.
Crafted is your ultimate partner to get an exceptional website design in NYC. With keen attention to detail, we produce beautifully designed websites that deliver results.Website Design
Here at Crafted, we hold a passion for innovation, brilliant ideas and the execution that brings them all together in one beautiful experience. We are NYC's top App Design agency and are here to prove it to you and your team. Contact us a call today.